BidVertiser

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mom Wars..

Why does it seem the media likes to protray that moms are against each other and that there is a constant battle between different styles of parenting.
For example working moms vs stay at home moms, or attachment parenting vs cry it out. I know there are differences in parenting and that not every form of parenting works for every family. In stead of playing the differences as being a bad thing, why can they not be a good thing. Why can we not use our differences to make parenting easier for all of us.

In stead of fighting over what is right or wrong why not accept that not everyone is going to do things the same way and that we should use our differences to make life easier for all of us. Stay at home moms should work with working moms to help take their kids to practices etc that their own children are already going to.

Non co-sleeping moms could advise co sleeping moms, when they ask, on ways to help transition their child to their own bed rooms and do so without criticizing.

Not all parenting styles are going to work for all families, we have to chose what works best for us and at the end of the day go to bed knowing that we are doing the right thing for our children and our family. Instead of beating someone up for not doing the same thing, rejoice in the differences and help eachother when we can, instad of making eachother feel bad for not doing things the same way we do.

Just random thoughts at mindnight when I can not sleep and well thought maybe if I write this down I will stop thinking about it and go to sleep..

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

5 comments:

  1. Nice blog. First time visit here.
    Care for link exchange ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to, link exchange. can you tell me more about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't find an email to contact you... but I saw your blog post on the nest (bump..whatever) and have been following you since. DS (3 in July) finally had his full OT evaluation yesterday & with all she found is very likely to be Dx SPD. The one issue I can't find info on is 'Low Tone'. Since you've been doing this for a while, do you have any good resources about it? Any other tidbits of wisdom?
    You can email me at
    scott and briana at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this - wonderful thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do what is right for you, it worked for me...got 3 to the ages of 29,27 & 25 so must have done something right! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Please feel free to ask questions, add advise or just make observations. I appreciate all comments.

Site Visitors