BidVertiser

Thursday, May 21, 2009

5 years old and biting all the sudden

We have a new thing in our house, John Michael has started biting his brother and sister, I thought this was a two year old behavior and not a five year old behavior. He just took a chunk out of Kalie Rose, drew blood in fact over a play phone. She had it, he wanted it. So instead of coming to a compromise he bites her. What the heck is up with this. Of course that was an immediate time out behavior, no counting needed on this one. So to time out he went.

When he is in trouble he will not look at you in the eye, I tried to talk to him about the biting and he would not even look at me. I am at a loss as what to do and would love any suggestions that anyone has.

I am not sure if I should have them bite him back??? or just punish him every time he does it.

When I was a child my cousin was a bitter and well they had me bite him back, it was more traumatic for me to bite him back then him biting me was so I really would like to avoid that option.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard that biting them will continue the biting.If they are going to school you may want to check to see if another child is biting. I would try siting him in time out and apologize to his sister for what he did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are not out of school for the summer and well I think I just answered my own question. This behavior started when school ended.. he is not used to the change, he does not do well with change and he is reacting to it the only way he knows how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter 15 does not adapt to change well. She's ADHD probably bipolar.It can be trying.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Please feel free to ask questions, add advise or just make observations. I appreciate all comments.

Site Visitors