BidVertiser

Friday, September 18, 2009

One day post surgery - Ankle preaneal Subluxation Surgery

My big day was yesterday. We arrived at the surgery center at 6 in the morning after check in I was given a mixture of medication to help keep me calm and happy, wish I could have those happy pills at home...

Before I knew it I was in the OR and then waking up in the recovery room. The entire procedure took about an hour, I was then in recovery for an hour before I was allowed to go home.

Once home I went right to bed and sleep all day. I was woken a few times to be given medication and went right back to sleep after words.

It was a very uneventful day. I was not in a great deal of pain, thank goodness we were able to stay ahead of the pain.

I woke up last night around two am and was hurting, and itching. I took some benedryl and my pain meds and was able to get back to sleep.

My foot is in a soft cast and will remain there till Friday when I will move to the smasher as the kids call it, or the hard boot. I am very happy that I do not have to be in a true cast for six weeks.

The children are being very sweet, they all brought me a hand made card yesterday, they were so proud of what they had done and I have to say that they did a great job and were all so sweet to me. They even let me use their coveted blankets..

Thank you again for the continued prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Please feel free to ask questions, add advise or just make observations. I appreciate all comments.

Site Visitors