BidVertiser

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Big Steps in our house

Douglas is my oral sensory child, he is a very picky eater. In fact he gags on certain foods and will vomit if you are not careful. He has slowly been warming up to eating eggs, and last night he asked for them. He only took three bites, but it was three bites of something he has never put his mouth before. This is a huge baby step for us.. A really big one

Second JM has a loose tooth. He is so excited about losing his first tooth, and of course the other two are very jealous.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Douglas! My son is 9, he has a very limited diet because of oral sensory issues. I know this was MAJOR for him! Speaking of loose teeth...his oral issues have led to some strange issues when he gets a loose tooth. Sometimes he would just let it dangle there forever until I put thread around it while he was asleep and worked it out myself! (I did this cuz they were so loose I was afraid he would swallow them at night). But other times he would go to school with a BARELY loose tooth and just pull it out while he was there. He did this 2 different times and the teacher was a little worried each time! LOL! You never know what kind of day you are going to have with SPD! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Please feel free to ask questions, add advise or just make observations. I appreciate all comments.

Site Visitors