BidVertiser

Monday, February 01, 2010

Swollen Lymph Nodes, cough- when will winter end???

I am so done with flu and cold season. It has been a hard winter for us, the kids started it off with getting swine flu which was followed by three kids with strep throat, we have stomach virus's and a handful of colds.
Sine the start of the new year we have had two stomach bugs (fun times) one case of Strep throat and three colds. Now I have one with an infected lymph node (my strep throat child) which is believed to be caused from the strep, and one really bad cold.

I am so ready for this flu and cold season to be over, to have healthy kids for more than two weeks in a row and to not be running to the doctor every week. It is just getting old. I know that this is just part of having children and that all kids get sick from time to time, it just seems we have had our fair share of sickness this year.

Okay vent over..

On a side note I have finally made the decesion that it is time to lose some weight. I have been yo yo dieting since having the kids and think that it is time that I change the way I prepare our food and change our life. In doing so I have joined the gym, to which I work out for two hours five days a week, I gave up coke's and now drink water more than anything. So far I have lost 18 lbs, I started this on Dec 26. Yes I know most start this on Jan 1, but when I do that I end up yo yo dieting. Now I want to make a real difference in our lives, eat right, exercise and take care of ourselves so that the children will see us, daddy and I, doing this and they will in return hopefully have a healthier lifestyle as they grow up. Not to mention how much better I feel and how much more energy I have now that I have started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Please feel free to ask questions, add advise or just make observations. I appreciate all comments.

Site Visitors