BidVertiser

Monday, February 22, 2010

Great report from School this morning

I requested a meeting this morning with the kids teachers, IEP coordinator, and IEP teacher. I was very nervous about the meeting but when in with an open mind.

I was very pleased with the meeting and agreed with what the teachers are thinking. As many of you know it was never my intention to start the kids in K this year, we did it as a result of the lack of PreK slots being available. I honestly did not think they were ready. They have done very well this year and have come a long way, but as far as myself or the teachers would have liked. As a result right now the plan is that they three of them will revisit K next year. This will give them time to grow so they are not the smallest in the class, and to learn the things they have struggled with this year.

Our state has very STRICT and tough requirements as a result it is better for them to get ahead of the curve by repeating now, so they will not struggle in future grades.

The best thing said all morning was that the teachers, staff do not see that JM's Aspergers is effecting his school in any way. He is very smart, pays attention and has had a good year. He does receive extra help but all in all his aspergers is not affecting his behavior at this point in school.

Needless to say this made me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Please feel free to ask questions, add advise or just make observations. I appreciate all comments.

Site Visitors