BidVertiser

Monday, April 12, 2010

Some adults amaze me. Really making fun of an asperger's child

I had an incident recently where JM was upset because he wanted a grape drink but it was not cold. Someone else in the group where we were was watching the entire episode. She watched as I placed a grape drink in the cooler for him and explained that in about thirty minutes it would be cold. I then convinced him to go on a walk with me. We get back and there she is drinking the grape drink. She smiles and says oh, I put another one in, hope you did not mind. JM of course looses it. He has a complete melt down. This person then starts to make fun of him, telling him he is a sissy, that she is going to get him a dress and diaper. That he needs a bottle and is a sissy baby girl.

I was speechless. I had no idea what to say or do. I picked up my baby boy and drove him to the store to get a grape drink. It took all I had not to slap her into next year. Why are people, ADULTS at that so stupid. So ignorant, so idiotic. My son has aspergers, he is six years old and yes he has melt downs. It happens. but to treat him that way is uncalled for. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you had to experience this. Karma will catch up with this person. I haven't experienced many rude comments ignorant people with my three teenage children that have autism but I still get people who stare. I do call them out on the staring by approaching them and asking if they would like to meet my children. Usually they apologize for staring and make polite small talk with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not just because your son has asperger's. My 5 year old who doesn't would be upset too. Her response was completely inconsiderate and rude. I'm so sorry that you had to deal with someone like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Please feel free to ask questions, add advise or just make observations. I appreciate all comments.

Site Visitors